Amazon page count showing up in APA citation

I'm not sure if this is a translator issue or a citation formatter issue:

Amazon.com lists the total page count for its books, and the translator imports this number into the "Pages" field.

The American Psychological Association formatter interprets this as a single page for the citation (as if it were an article appearing on a single page of a book). The total page count of a book should not show up in its APA citation. I tried a couple of other formatters, which ignored this page count for an entire book, using the field only in citations for sections of a larger work.
  • I think the fact that the number of pages is recorded in the pages field is good (and probably correct). The problem is that when the book in included in the APA bibliography, the page number(s) are shown when then shouldn't be.

Rather than edit the several hundred books in my Zotero bibliography, can the APA style be corrected (not to show the number of pages for books).
  • I think the fact that the number of pages is recorded in the pages field is good (and probably correct)
    It's incorrect, actually. The number of pages should be stored in a 'numPages' field. This will be fixed in 1.5, though we might add a workaround for this in the 1.0.* styles so book items don't use 'pages' for citations.
  • I am using 1.5, however, I cannot find the numPages field. I am working with the German version. Did you not manage to implement such a field, or is it maybe missing in the German translation, or (something I do not want to exclude from consideration) am I maybe to stressed out with my exam date approaching that I am simply blind? I checked the ticket, but didn't quite understand it.