near-note-distance="0" not working

In the style for the Pontifical Biblical Institute, I include the following code, with the goal of using "ibid" only in the case that the "ibid" is included in the same footnote as the previous citation:

<citation near-note-distance="0" disambiguate-add-names="true" disambiguate-add-givenname="true" disambiguate-add-year-suffix="false">
<layout suffix="." delimiter="; ">
<choose>
<if position="ibid">
<choose>
<if position="near-note">
<text term="ibid" text-case="capitalize-first" font-style="italic"/>
<text macro="locator" prefix=", "/>
</if>
<else>

I am pretty sure this previously worked correctly (cf. for example https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/20563/new-style-please-upload-pontifical-biblical-institute/), however it is currently not working. It always returning "false" on the line <if position="near-note">, even when it should return true.

If I change the "near-note-distance" to 1, it works correctly for citations that are actually in the next footnote, but even then it never works for citations that are in the same footnote.

Thanks for your help!
  • Yep. This probably crept in with a major rewrite of the conditional code some months ago. It was caused by the tiniest of typos, and is now fixed. You can pick up the repair by installing the processor patch plugin. Its only effect is to swap in the latest version of the citation processor. The plugin can and should be removed at the next Zotero release (assuming that this 1.0.512 processor version makes it in).

(The plugin will only work with Zotero for Firefox: it will not work with Standalone.)
  • Thanks a lot fbennett! Talk about quick fixes!
  • Yes, we hope in quick fixes of near-note for the correct use for "normal" users.
    Thanks.