performance issue and FF3 with 1.06 ?

does the new release with FF3 solve the performance issue for document with large numbers of reference ? I've just made a firt test... with negative result

(Windows, OO2.4.1, FF3, Z1.06... )

pam
  • Firefox 3 may make things a bit faster in general, but the biggest performance improvements will be in Zotero 1.5 and upcoming, completely rewritten versions of the Word/OO plugins.
  • thought I had finally successfully downloaded 1.06 for FF3.0 from mozilla page. Repeated attempts to use Zotero page download had failed - 227 error.
    Download button does not work, program goes directly to install program and then ends with message that this is not the right program. Is there a trick to this?
  • thanks dan,...i'll wait fot 1.5

regarding my due date (11 of july...) i've made some new tests, just in case of a miracle !
    OK... no miracle, but again, i do not understand the behavior.. .

The error is always in subParseRTF with a string overflow on sResultText when running mTagEnd(i) = Len(sResultText)...

why such an error on a variable... if a string is too long, it's not only a performance issue.. but a more classic bug ?

I've created a new doc. and i can insert more than 100 references without any problems... perhaps the performance is not only depending on number of references, but also of doc size ?

and why is it not possible to insert a new reference without checking the whole reference list (specially if no biblio is inserted...)

with last annoucements on future release including biblio sharing, i'm sure zotero is more and more in the category "must-have"... but i'm a bit disappointed to write my biblio manually for my current document...

pam