Zotero now automatically abbreviating book titles and journals

I'm using a version of SBL style that I have revised to suit my needs, and all of a sudden a few days ago Zotero started automatically abbreviating book and journal titles in my new citations. For example:

L. Daniel Hawk, “Conquest Reconfigured: Recasting Warfare in the Redaction of Joshua,” in Writ. Read. War Rhetor. Gend. Ethics Biblic. Mod. Contexts (ed. Brad E. Kelle and Frank Ritchel Ames; Atlanta: SBL, 2008), 145–60.

The full book title should be: Writing and Reading War: Rhetoric, Gender, and Ethics in Biblical and Modern Contexts.

The strange thing is that when I bring up a Zotero Reference test pane (chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul) to try to figure out if there's a way I can fix this problem in my style sheet, the titles are not abbreviated in the test pane. Does anyone know what's going on?
  • Uncheck the option "Automatically abbreviate journal titles" under "Set Document Preferences" in your word-processor plugin.
  • Oops...thanks! I feel silly that it's such an easy fix, but it's never been an issue for me before.
  • It's a new feature in Zotero 4.0, mainly designed for science/medicine. SBL is one of the few humanities styles that use any abbreviations, hence the weirdness.
  • Are there any science/medicine styles that use automatic abbreviation of book titles?
  • edited November 15, 2013
    not that I know of. So we could also ask Simon to restrict that behavior to journal articles.

edit: actually, there may be some hybrids in engineering, including some stuff published by IEEE, but not sure.