working in an older manuscript with EndNote references

Hej,
when I intended to work in an old manuscript, written at a time when I used EndNote, it did not work at all. My intention was to insert new references by using Zotero (the library from EndNote is inserted in my Zotero library)and delete the old ones one by one. However, this does not work since the manuscript seems to try to connect to EndNote (which is not installed in my computer any longer). I have to restart the computer every time I try and if trying to insert new references from Zotoro it does not work either. Has anyone experienced the same, and know how to be able to work in this EndNote-infected manuscripts?

All help is very valued / Cecilia
  • However, this does not work since the manuscript seems to try to connect to EndNote (which is not installed in my computer any longer). I have to restart the computer every time I try and if trying to insert new references from Zotoro it does not work either.
    What happens exactly? How do you know it's trying to connect to EndNote? If EndNote is not installed, I don't see how that would be possible. Do you still have EndNote buttons displayed in Word?
  • Yes I have. Have I missed some kind of operation? I know it tries to connect to EndNote since there is a message about it.

/ Cecilia
  • It seems that you did not completely remove EndNote from your computer and the Word plug-in is still there. It probably tries to perform some operation that depends on the EndNote client and crashes. So this is likely not technically a Zotero issue, but we can help you remove the plug-in. What version of Word are you using?
  • It might be enough to use EndNote's function to remove EndNote field codes, assuming the toolbar is still functional. See e.g. http://guides.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/content.php?pid=94193&sid=778695
  • Thanks. I am using Word 2010,

Kindly / Cecilia
  • edited November 14, 2013
    See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/load-or-unload-a-template-or-add-in-program-HA010105537.aspx#BM2 It's for 2007, but should be very similar. You're trying to remove the EndNote add-in.
  • Hej again, and when back at work today again, I first managed to get rid of the field codes and then the end-note icons. Thanks for the help given!

/ Cecilia