New Item Type: Journal

Although Zotero offers "Book Section" and "Book" as item types, there is currently no pendant to "Journal Article" like "Journal". It would be great to have this in order to organize digital journals as well.

THX.

PR
  • almost certainly going to happen:
    https://github.com/ajlyon/zotero-bits/issues/23
  • Great, thx. Are new files types still on the roadmap for 4.2?
  • edited November 13, 2013
    yes, they're going to be the main feature of the 4.2 release unless something dramatic happens.
    Since the 4.1 release is a pretty big deal with the switch of the sync architecture, it's hard to say how quickly that'll happen, though. My hope would be that 4.2 could come out as a workable beta pretty soon after the 4.1 final release.
  • Bumping this thread:

I don't see an item type of 'Journal' in Zotero 5 - is there a reason this has never been implemented? I'd find it very useful.

Thanks,
    Richard
  • the version numbers above changed -- 4.1 (which never happened) corresponds to 5, so 4.2 is 5.1. I think we'll likely have a periodical category for 5.1 but no promises on that yet.
  • edited March 21, 2019
    Is the item type "journal" still in the pipe line? The last comments in this thread are from October 2017. The item type "journal" seems to me very important. As well as an item type "Newspaper". (Though the "journal" could be used for that.) A type "book series" would be very nice.
    Thanks, Mirjam
  • See my comment two above yours.
  • Thanks Adam.
    I keep hoping. Just realised that this will mean time-spans, I'm looking forward to the time-lines!