sync problem - ref 834046237

I tried syncing with the newest version (as of 7 November 2013). It found conflicts. I resolved them. I got this error.

Michael Barton
  • edited November 7, 2013
    What was the actual error message that you received when you clicked on the sync error icon?
  • edited November 7, 2013
    I was hoping it would be attached to the reference number.

1. Sync
    2. "Conflicts have suspended the automatic syncing. Click the sync icon to resolve them"
    3. Click Sync again
    4. Go through 14 entries for which it says there are conflicts. Note that I've changed none of these since successfully syncing yesterday.
    5. Click OK
    6. Get this Alert (seems just informational, but then again...).

Zotero items in the collection '[...]' have been added and/or removed on multiple computers since the last sync. The following items have been added to the collection:

[dialog contents removed — D.S]

7. Get another alert:

Alert

One or more Zotero tags have been added to and/or removed from items on multiple computers since the last sync. The different sets of tags have been combined.

View the Error Console for the full list of such changes.

[NB: what error console?]

8. Tries again to automatically sync
    9. New error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/tag.js :: :: line 471" data: no] [ERROR: columns itemID, tagID are not unique]
  • I was hoping it would be attached to the reference number.
    It's supposed to be, but sometimes it doesn't make it through.
    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/tag.js :: :: line 471" data: no] [ERROR: columns itemID, tagID are not unique]
    OK, we've seen a few instances of this. I'll look into it tonight.

If you're in a rush and don't need any local changes, you can do a Restore from Zotero Server from the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Actually, since you don't have very many conflicts, could you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that triggers this, from the beginning of the sync through the error?
  • Scratch that. This will be fixed in 4.0.15, which should be out later today.
  • 4.0.15 is out now with a fix for this.