PNAS citation format

Hello,
Zotero's style sheet for the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences seems to cite doctoral dissertations incorrectly. Here's how Zotero cited a dissertation I referenced:
Otterstatter MC (2007) Dynamics of an intestinal pathogen within and between bumble bee hosts.
Here's how dissertations are referenced in that journal:
Otterstatter, M.C. (2007) Dissertation (University of Toronto, Toronto, ON).

I fixed the problem manually, but maybe this should be changed? Thanks!
  • Could you provide a link to a paper that cites a dissertation or instructions discussing this? That style (e.g. periods for author initials) seems inconsistent with their other reference formats.
  • Sorry about that, I was wrong to include the periods for author initials. Also, in more recent PNAS papers, the title is included, along with "PhD" before the word "Dissertation". Here's an example:
    Adler LL (1980) Adjustment of the Yuba River, California, to the influx of hydraulic
    mining debris, 1849–1979. PhD dissertation (University of California, Los Angeles).

You can see this in a recent paper titled "Enduring legacy of a toxic fan via episodic redistribution of California gold mining debris" and available here:
    http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/10/23/1302295110.abstract?sid=9e0ccea7-8b35-48a8-a2a5-687a508cd8da

Thanks for your help.
  • edited November 3, 2013
    The style has been fixed. You can update your version of the style via Preferences -> General -> Update Now. You will also need to refresh the bibliography in your word processor. (though depending on how you fixed the bibliography manually yourself, this may not work)