cmd-shift-z, cmd-shift-f and foxmarks

Running developer xpi of zotero and FF3 on macbook pro intel.

cmd-shift-z to open zotero does not open it. the "tools" menu does flash once, but for some reason, it does not open the zotero pane. once i open it manually by clicking the zotero in the bottom pane, however, cmd-shift-z does work to close it. I am not aware of any conflicts with other plugins on this.

i have foxmarks, and the only conflict is with cmd-shift-f, but zotero successfully overrides when it is running. how can i get my cmd-shift-z to work?

thanks.
  • In Firefox 3 on OS X, Cmd-Shift-Z won't work if a text area has focus (since Redo gets precedence). This includes the address bar, which gets focus when you first start Firefox, so you need to double-click the content pane or hit Tab twice before hitting Cmd-Shift-Z on startup. (We could probably override Cmd-Shift-Z in the address bar if people thought opening Zotero on startup was more important than Redo in the address bar.)
  • Dan, I'm not sure, but I can't seem to get it to work at all, no matter what is in focus. What do you mean by the content pane. I've tried to click just about every non-text portion of firefox, but still can't get it to open using the cmd-shift-z. Like i said, the "tools" menu item flashes, but zotero won't open. Any idea what's going on? If i open manually, it will close it however.
  • "Content pane" just means where Firefox displays web pages.

Zotero doesn't try to override Cmd-Shift-Z in Fx3, since (theoretically) it should still work as long as a text input doesn't have focus. But due to the various components involved, it may not work quite that well on all systems.

To see if it's your system or something in your Firefox profile, you might want to try a new profile and check if you get the same behavior.