MLZ Footnotes Lose Italics, etc., Formatting When Cut Free

Why do all my footnotes lose italics (as in titles) when I cut free from Zotero? I'm in LibreOffice 4.1 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.
  • What I have done as a workaround is to disable zotero in firefox while I finish off editing and printing the document. Will the document "behave" while I do this (assuming that it will wipe out any corrections in the notes when I do re-enable and refresh)? m
  • what do you mean by "cut free"?
  • @mbruffey: I think this may be what you're seeing, could you confirm?

You have a document with citations with text in the prefix and/or suffix fields. Through the word processor (not through Zotero) you add italics to the prefix/affix text of the citations. When you save the document and reopen it, the italics disappear.

Would that be it, or is it something else?
  • No. When I click the link-breaker, beside the cog, so that I can put on the finishing touches outside Zotero, I am losing my title formatting, etc.

My "workaround" above does seem to work.
  • Got it. I can reproduce that here. It doesn't matter how the italics are set -- through the word processor, or with rich text markup in the Zotero prefix/suffix fields. In either case, it is stripped.

The core devs will need to take a look at this one.
  • Okay. Thanks so much!
  • Can we know anything about when it will be handled? Helps our planning. Thx, Mark
  • FWIW, saving to .doc and back has similar effect.