Managing Tags within a Collection

I have searched the discussions on Tags, and have not found this request. It looks like tags are defined within a collection and apply to the Library, the Collection and and Sub-collections. Assuming that is true:

It might be useful to have a subordinate window for managing tags, especially if the list of tags is built on-the-fly as an investigation proceeds.

Consider associating a description or usage definition with each tag. This would facilitate consistent usage, especially if the earlier request for a tag report could be satisfied.

Last, it would help to eliminate trivial differences in tags (from on-the-fly creation) if renaming a tag to an existing tag would result in a merge rather than duplication. (This may already be the result; I have not dared to try it on a live library.)

Thanks for considering this.
  • edited June 21, 2008
    It looks like tags are defined within a collection and apply to the Library, the Collection and and Sub-collections.
    Not sure what you mean. Tags are defined on items. The tag selector by default shows all the items associated with items in the current view (so, when you're in the Library, it shows all tags). If you want to assign items to tags not yet associated with other items in a collection using the tag selector, click the "Display all tags" button.
    Last, it would help to eliminate trivial differences in tags (from on-the-fly creation) if renaming a tag to an existing tag would result in a merge rather than duplication. (This may already be the result; I have not dared to try it on a live library.)
    This already occurs.
This discussion has been closed.