Can one change massively path links of pdfs?

Thank you to developers and the community for the great work. The scenario of my question could be the following.
One has some(hundred/thousand/...) references with a link to pdfs that resides locally.
Each link starts with the same file path:
D:/Library/.
Is there a way to massively replace the pdf links file path originally stored in D:/Library in a new file path like for instance: E:/Archive/ where all pdfs are moved with the same name?
If Zotero is not able to make a massive change of this kind to its links, can one access directly with some other applications the (zotero) sql lite database and run a massive string path replacement?
Thanks for any feedback.
  • There are two options:
    1. User Zutilo which has a function for this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/zutilo-utility-for-zotero/
    2. Set Zotero to use relative link (under preference, files&folders) and then change the base directory from D:/Library to E:/Library
  • edited October 22, 2013
    Many Thanks AdamSmith.
    Zutilo seems my answer. If I understood correctly one needs to select the whole library, chose Modify attachment path with "replace all instances" selected. Then one can insert the old and new path.
    The second suggestion in my case does not work, since I have pdf links coming from more than one HDD. Hence Zotero cannot have a relative path to more than one HDD.
  • yes, in that case Zutilo is the way to go. Works as you say.