[mlz CMS] Need Capital Ibid following Quotation

For this cite in CMS [MLZ and "regular"]:

In Scrivener:

{ | Finney, (1846), 186 | 186 | |zu:1297786:MRSZMVNR}{. Moral constitutionalists, “who maintain the sinfulness of the constitutional appetites . . . must of course deny that men can ever be entirely sanctified in this life.” | Finney, (1846), 488 | p. 488 | |zu:1297786:MRSZMVNR}

We get this rtf output:

{ | Finney, (1846), 186 | 186 | |zu:1297786:MRSZMVNR}{. Moral constitutionalists, “who maintain the sinfulness of the constitutional appetites . . . must of course deny that men can ever be entirely sanctified in this life.” | Finney, (1846), 488 | p. 488 | |zu:1297786:MRSZMVNR}

After RDF/ODF Scan we get:

Finney, (1846), 488; Finney, (1846), 186

After refresh we get:

Charles G. Finney, Lectures on Systematic Theology: Embracing Lectures on Moral Government, Together with Atonement, Moral and Physical Depravity, Regeneration, Philosophical Theories, and Evidences of Regeneration (Oberlin, Ohio: James. M. Fitch, 1846), 186; . Moral constitutionalists, “who maintain the sinfulness of the constitutional appetites . . . must of course deny that men can ever be entirely sanctified in this life.” ibid., 488.

We need a capital Ibid., 488.

I also just noticed a problem at '. . . 1846), 186; . Moral . . .'.

Thx.
  • This may work better as two separate citations, separated by a space and entered in the footnote.
  • I did not notice bad output yesterday or the day before. I wonder if it's me, of if something changed. I did upgrade to LibreOffice 4.1. I wonder if that did it.
  • It wouldn't have changed due to the LibreOffice upgrade: I get the same result here with similar input.

The cite transition is smoother if the prefix text is moved to the suffix of the preceding cite. Semantically it doesn't belong there, though, and (moving with caution) it might be possible for us to handle this better in the processor.

Getting the ibid capitalised properly with that input may also be possible, I'll take a look.

If you don't hear anything back by the end of the week, feel free to bump this thread.
  • Okay, here's what I figured out:

If form = {citation}{citation}, output = Citation; Citation.

If form = {citation} {citation}, output = Citation. Citation.

That works for me; but will that syntax/output combination remain static? A thousand footnotes is a lot of tweaking time. That's not a complaint, I just want to know what to expect before I get past the first hundred or so.
  • That will remain constant. The second form will set two separate citations in the final document, though, so (I think) you will get two separate footnotes in CMS Full Note, if it's set that way in the main text?
  • (spammers have been busy this evening)

I have a fix for the processor that should render correctly with your preferred input. I'm waiting for feedback on a fix for another issue: when that comes through, I'll make a fresh release of the processor and post a note here.