[mlz] about name-as-sort-order

Not sure if this is MLZ specific as I've never used Zotero before MLZ. Anyway, when I set name-as-sort-order="first" for bibliography entries (mimicking Chicago Full Note Style), I get the following result when there are multiple affiliated authors:
Clark, Stephen, General Affairs Committee and Smith, Richard & Thomas Brown, New Products Group. A Book with Many Authors (2013).
(lost small caps after pasting from the CSL Preview pane.)

Is it correct to render the red part this way? I think the normal "Richard Smith" is better for the whole point of setting name-as-sort-order="first" (instead of "all") is to flip just the name parts of the first author for sorting purpose and plays the rest straight up, isn't it?
  • Nice. What it's doing there is treating both sets of given names as if they start off the series. Institutional author affiliations aren't supported in Zotero, so they haven't been exercised very heavily, and this is an edge case that hasn't been ironed out yet.

It does seem right to apply this particular attribute value only to the very first name that appears in the series. Shall I set that up in the processor?
  • edited October 19, 2013
    That would be great, since I don't know how I can fix that at my end. Thanks.
  • It's been fixed now. If you update MLZ you should get better behavior from name-as-sort-order="first".
  • Confirmed. Speedy fix as usual. Many thanks!