Chicago (full note): multiple months in journal issue date

Hello-

I have an article that is from the May/June 1976 issue of a journal, but only June is showing up in my full note, Chicago style in-text citation (using Word). I've tried various iterations in Zotero (May & June, May June, etc.), and only "June 1976" shows up.

Is there any way to fix this? The correct date is May/June, not June, and I haven't found any useful tips searching the forums.

Thanks so much!!!!

~megan
  • there is nothing useful currently for date ranges. We're aware of the problem, but the fix isn't easy and may still be a bit out.
    What you can do is
    _May_June 1976
    which will show up as
    May_June 1976

- but that still leaves you needing to manually fix this in the end, of course, and it only works with underscores.
  • (As a side note, the logic for gracefully rendering date ranges exists in the citation processor; the difficulty is in storing the date range information neatly in the Zotero database, so that it can be sent to the processor in a structured form. MLZ handles date ranges, but it does so with a method [directly parsing the free-text date field content] that is too hackish to be directly merged to Zotero.)