syncing attachment files from specific collections/libraries?

Is it possible to sync attachment files from only specific collections or libraries?

I would really like to sync only one or two of my collections and/or group libraries. It would be a huge waste of space to sync the attchements of ALL my folders as I really need to sync the attachements of 5% of my libraries. It is this 5% I use frequently (and would like the attachments) and the rest is from old projects (and would only need citations, but not pdf attachments).

If it is possible great, but if not, is it possible to install two separate "zotero" programs (zotero standalone) with one that sync attachements and one that doesnt sync attachments?

Thanks
  • 1. You cannot turn file syncing on/off for specific collections. You _can_ turn file syncing on only for groups and you can allow or disallow file syncing for any group you own.

2. While you can set up different instances of Zotero (either by running different Firefox profiles or by running Standalone and the Firefox extensions on separate data folders) I don't see how that would help in your case?
  • edited October 19, 2013
    Thanks for the quick response, syncing now for my group files. Wish there was a way to only upload specific collections whether or not it was a group or not.
  • You cannot turn on/off _syncing_ for the group, just _file_ syncing.
    You can do so for all groups under preferences--> sync in Zotero,
    You can turn off file syncing for an individual group you won by selecting "No group file storage" under "Library Settings" on the group page here on zotero.org