my library problem

Hi,

I set up a folder for my bibliography citations. Then somehow it duplicated itself in the my library overall folder. Then all new citation entries started ending up in my library instead of the original document citation folder. No idea how this happened or how to correct it. Do I somehow combine the directories? If I do that, will it mess up the citation links in my book document? Thanks for any advice.
  • I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but collections are not folders - think of them as playlists.
    Every item you save will always appear in "My Library" even when it also appears in a collection.
    Moving items into and out of collections has no effect on their links to citations in documents.
  • Hi, thank you for the help.

I created a bibliography for a book and the "playlist" (which looks like a folder called dissertation) has about 480 citations and everything was going along well. Then near the completion I realized new citations were being put into the My Library area (which is everything not a playlist). The My Library has about 510 citations now.

However, when I refreshed my library to my shock there are only about 250 citations in the bibliography in the dissertation.

Any ideas what happened? I am going through the dissertation now trying to find out if somehow I missed putting in half of the citations. But I do not think that is the case.

Appreciate your feedback.
  • So the only thing that's looking amiss is the # of citations in the bibliography in your dissertation?
    Can't really speak to that - it'd be helpful to see if you can find a citation that's actually missing, then we could probably get a better idea what - if anything - has gone wrong.