Zotero is freezing

Hello
I have a problem here it is
When I click on the Zotero connector on Firefox, the library is frozen, and no reference is added: I explain
Clicking on the zotero button is possible but the data base cannot open
if I try to open standalone it says “already open, closed firefox and open standalone"

So I do this,
Close Firefox, open Standalone, the data base can be open this time,
I open firefox but then I don’t see the connector anymore to add a reference, like ever
Until I close Firefox and standalone

But then firefox open and still doesn’t work…etc..

Seems to open since the new 24.0 version of Firefox

Any ideas

Cheers
  • Restart your computer and open up Zotero in Firefox. Ignore Zotero Standalone for the time being. If the error persists, see if you can provide a Report ID. If the option is not available, or Zotero is frozen, try to follow the steps for reporting start-up errors. If even that does not produce an error, follow the steps for real-time debugging
  • I only managed to get a real-time debugging,
    but were should I post it?
    thank you
  • You can email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • thanks will do
  • There's nothing amiss in your debug output, though I'm not sure what it's supposed to cover or what exactly the problem is you're facing.

Can you start again and explain the exact problem you're facing in Zotero for Firefox, after restarting your computer and with Zotero Standalone completely closed, including the exact messages you see on screen? (Don't translate or summarize them.)
  • Right, restart and same problem

cliking on the zotero connector to insert a new reference lead to nothing basically, I only see on the bottom right the lost tentative of zotero to insert a reference but it stays at the library level no reference name is written on that little windows...

then I click on the Zotero button on the tools panel, Zotero opens but it cannot open the different databases, keeps on trying to open it..

so I clik on the Standalone and it doesn"t open and says

Votre base de données Zotero est actuellement en cours d'utilisation. Pour le moment, il ne peut être ouvert qu'une seule instance de Zotero utilisant la même base de données. Si Firefox avec l'extension Zotero est ouvert, veuillez le fermer et redémarrer Zotero Standalone

so I close Firefox, open standalone
    i can now see zotero database fine, but opening firefox result in the fact that I now cannot see anymore connector to click on them and insert references??

and everything is back to square one

Thank you
    I am now going to bed it is 1:00 AM in France see you tommorrow
  • cliking on the zotero connector to insert a new reference lead to nothing basically, I only see on the bottom right the lost tentative of zotero to insert a reference but it stays at the library level no reference name is written on that little windows...
    Is there a reason you can't provide a Debug ID for a save attempt such as this? (At least, I think that's what you're referring to. Your debug output shows an attempt to save from pubs.acs.org.)
    then I click on the Zotero button on the tools panel, Zotero opens but it cannot open the different databases, keeps on trying to open it..
    What does this mean? We need exact messages or a screenshot (which you can post to a free file-sharing site such as imgur.com, imageshack.us, Dropbox, etc.).
  • Cannot sent the Debug ID see this picture
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xXZmzTBkd-o/UlHD3M9ZQDI/AAAAAAAABzY/CaWNRKppYC8/s800/zotero4.jpg

it says "Veuillez patientez pendant la transmission du rapport d'erreur" but it never sent it
    the pubs.acs.org is the chemistry website where I tried to get the reference

then you can see what I meant when I said
    "then I click on the Zotero button on the tools panel, Zotero opens but it cannot open the different databases, keeps on trying to open it.."
    it says at the bottom "chargement de la liste des objets" and never managed to open anything
  • And what about if Zotero is open before you try to save the reference?
  • edited October 6, 2013
    Re: the Debug ID, how many lines are logged when you try to submit it? I could see that happening if you started the debug output logging well in advance of the submission. Make sure the log is empty immediately before you click the save icon, with the Zotero pane already open.
  • Zotero opens before still the same, and the CPU is running at 30% after that even if I close zotero, it is firefox.exe CPU 30%

for the DEbugID there are 140 lines, just after I open firefox and click on zotero
  • How can I empty the log???
  • When I insert a reference not via the connector in firefox but via the website like a RIS exportation, it does insert it..but still cannot see it in zotero via firefox...
    but I closed it and open Standalone and I can see the reference
  • the new version of Zotero 4.0.12 resolved my problems

looks like the firefox new version was in a kind of conflict

Thank you