Configure central pane

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering about the following - and maybe this is already possible with Zotero, yet I did not figure out yet how it works:

As with the commercial bibliographic software, like, for example, Procite, it would be great if one could configure the central pane or record list.

At the moment, the records in the central pane can can be sorted on the basis of seven fields: "title," "creator," ... "date added," etc.

Given the fact that the central presents a first overview of one's data, it would be great if users could configure and sort the list on the basis of fields which they select themselves, such as (and most importantly perhaps) "date of publication."

It also would be great if one could sort this list according to one's own preferences. For instance, "Sort - Author/Title/Date" and "Sort - Author/Date/Title," etc.

Many thanks to Zotero!

Raf
  • We'll be adding more column options to the central pane. (Discussed here too: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/176/)

Multi-column sort might be possible behind-the-scenes, but it's difficult in terms of UI. The Mozilla treebox (i.e. hierarchical list) only allows a single column to appear as sorted at once, so there'd be no way to specify sort settings outside of, say, the preferences, and even then, how would the pref coexist with the ability in the treebox to select any column?