No indexation of PDFs with names in cyrillic?

Hi all,

I just noticed that my PDFs with cyrillic names are not indexed. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to rename all my files?

Thank you.

Floriane
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for an attempt to reindex one of these documents (by clicking the green Reindex Item icon in the right pane)?
  • Hi Dan,

The Debug ID is D1659002814.
  • OK, looks like this might be a limitation of the Windows version of the PDF text extraction tool that we use. As a workaround, you can rename the file (by clicking on the attachment title in Zotero's right-hand pane), index it, and rename it back, though that's obviously not a good solution. The eventual fix here will likely be switching to Mozilla's new PDF parser instead of using the third-party PDF tools we use now, but that's probably still a ways off.
  • Ok, Thank you Dan for your answer. That was not a critical issue anyway.
  • Hi there,

I got a new mac and have the latest zotero firefox plugin installed. I've been building up an extensive library with indexing and folders on the zotero (also firefox plugin) on my PC, but when I synced on the mac, the items show up completely without organisation. I.e. the folders in which I had put items in are gone. Instead the items are just listed in alphabetical order.
    Is there something that I am not doing right? All the folders and files show up fine when I log into my account on zotero.org. It just doesnt show up on the mac's firefox plugin. And its been days since I synched so synching is definitely complete (the curly arrow is green)

Please help and thanks so much!
  • please start a new thread. In that, provide an error report ID from your Mac
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_a_report_id
    and make sure that, in the left hand panel, you haven't just collapsed "My Library" (there's a little triangle on the left that allows you to hide/show collections).