Merge Data Directories for Standalone and Firefox

I recently switched from PC to a MacBook, and I transferred my large Zotero library (over 30 GB) via a hard drive. It worked great, but I'm having one lingering issue: The Standalone and Firefox versions of Zotero are linked to different Data Directories. The library I imported is in the Firefox extension (i.e., all the attachments are available there; I can see the items in Standalone but can't open the attachments there).

What is the best way to merge these? Should I go to Standalone and select "Custom" and then choose the directory that Zotero Firefox uses? Or is it better to streamline it all in Standalone? If the latter, how does that work if I have over 30 GB in attachments already linked in Zotero Firefox?

Thanks.

Thanks.
  • Should I go to Standalone and select "Custom" and then choose the directory that Zotero Firefox uses?
    That's exactly what you want to do. Whether you point Zotero for Firefox to Standalone's data directory or vice versa doesn't really matter, but since in this case file attachments are only available in the Firefox data directory, you want to point both there.
  • Thank you! It worked.

Grateful,
    Andy Naselli
  • So how do I do it exactly? I tried to find it on the web but failed.
  • You're probably better off starting a new thread and describe your issue from scratch. I have no idea what "it" is in your case.