[Solved] Updating group library does not work

Hello everyone!
I have created a group library in which I store and share folders with literature.
This morning I added missing authors to some of the articles in one of the folders in my "private" library. I synchronized my Zotero - though the folder with the additional information added in my "private" library did not update in the group library. I synchronized in my actual browser-based Zotero, then logged into my Zotero account and did the same. Still no changes. I fully deleted the folder and replaced it with the newly updated one from my "private" library. Still no changes. I synchronized again, and also restarted my computer and firefox. Still the newly added and updated folder from my private library in the group library looks like the previous one with the updated information missing.

If I am unable in updating the group library this feature wont be of any help...

Any support would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Lily
  • After 30 minutes of confusion it now magically updated itself in my 'website-based' Zotero account. But not yet in my 'Firefox-based' account...the Sync button is of no help here either...
  • ...and once more the update is gone again...

What is going on?????????
  • I'm not quite clear what you're doing still, but to start at the beginning:
    For the time being, your personal and group library are entirely separate. No changes in your personal library will impact your group library and vice versa.

And then the thing that I'm confused about is that the only way to move items from your personal library to your group library is in the client. I.e. there's absolutely no way you could have this online but not in the client.
  • Hello!
    Thanks for your comment! I will try to describe the problem more precise:
    I made changes in a folder (added some author's names) in my personal library.
    I had an identical copy of the previous folder in the group library.
    I then deleted this very folder in the group library and replaced it with the folder I made changes in from my personal library.
    As far as I understand, the group library should now include the newly added author's name.
    For some reason the content in this very folder in my group library is still the old one and the author's names are missing...

Any ideas are very much appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance!
  • When you deleted the collection (what you call folder) in your group, did you choose "Delete Collection" or "Delete Collection and Items"?
    Only the latter would work. If you did use that, did you empty the trash in your group library after deleting the collection? I believe failing to do that might prevent copying from your personal library to work correctly.
  • yeah! you are my personal hero today! thank you for the great help! (the above hint solved my problem)