How to lose weight for Zotero storage ???

Zotero is quite nice bibliography software. I really like it. But the synchronization problem between my desktop and laptop is still a headache problem for me.

Now I have more than 700 references, and the total volume of storage folder takes more than 1GB in my hard drive. So you can image it usually takes me "a cup of tea's time" to synchronize it to my laptop.

Is there some way to reduce the weight of storage folder, such as I am not really need the snapshot of those papers, and those snapshot of website really take me a lot of space. In case I need to recheck those interesting papers, I just research it in google, or give me a web link, that would be enough.

In short, I am need a way to reduce some content in zotero's storage folder to reduce it's weight, so I would synchronize it, copy it, transfer it, backup it quicker.

Thanks
  • You can obviously delete the snapshots where you want to. You can also uncheck the option to add snapshots for webpages, though that wouldn't affect journal articles etc.

That said, sync time shouldn't be affected much by the size of your database or your storage folder. Syncing only affects changes, not the entire database.
  • Having a large number of file attachments can affect sync time as Zotero checks for locally modified files, but the latest versions of Zotero (>4.0.10) reduce the impact of this, such that most auto-syncs shouldn't take any longer at all with many attachments. If you're not using auto-sync (we recommend you do), having many files can cause file syncs to be a little slower, but your database isn't really big enough that this should be much of an issue.

From the looks of it, you're actually just at your file sync quota, which means that Zotero is trying to upload files each time and failing, and that could potentially cause delays. You should be seeing a warning icon to the left of the sync icon telling you that you're at your quota. You can either reduce the number of file attachments, add a Zotero storage plan, use WebDAV, or disable file syncing.
  • Thanks for you all~~

I have found the problem.
    I am using google drive as my cloud storage. And I am using BCompare to synchronize the cloud folder in my computer (either in office or at home), I should click "mirror to left/right",NOT synchronize, as synchronizatio would update both side of document, which would cause seriously chaos.

whatever, thanks again :)