Cloud Storage through Zotero

Hi All,

I have been paying an outside vendor to store all my files, images, and pdfs from my zotero database. But I was wondering if I can do this through Zotero by buying more storage space. Does this back up store all things in the database including photos, files, pdfs etc? And can I access it if for some reason I need to restore my database?

Thanks!
  • Does this back up store all things in the database including photos, files, pdfs etc?
    yes, it does store any attached files, regardless of type, provided they're stored inside Zotero (the default - if the file icon in Zotero _doesn't_ have a keylink symbol - for linked file - over it, it will be synced & stored.
    And can I access it if for some reason I need to restore my database?
    yes, you can just sync with an empty Zotero profile and all your data & files will appear. That said, we council against using Zotero as a back-up solution, mostly because it doesn't have version control (i.e. you can't "go back in time"), which is widely and rightly considered essential for a good back-up system. So you should definitely also have an alternative back-up (of your entire harddisk, not just Zotero) to an external HD.