Wrongly abbreviated journal titles

Prior to today, Scottish Journal of Theology properly abbreviated itself to SJT. Now, it will only show up as "Scott. Journ. Theo." - neither the full nor correctly abbreviated title. I'm using the Wheaton College style guide and no one has changed it since July 1st, 2013. I'm also using Word 2008 (12.3.6) and Zotero 4.0.11

Does anyone have any ideas why this happened and how to fix it? Many thanks.
  • Also, I'm having similar problems with citing other journal articles, not just with SJT. It seems across the board. Thanks
  • Nevermind. I fixed it after going into Word > Zotero > Set document preferences > uncheck the Automatically Abbreviate Journal Titles. Also, I forgot to mention I was using a Mac if that mattered.
  • we could consider adjusting the style so that this isn't necessary. Almost all styles using abbreviations are in the sciences and use the same strategy for abbreviating - which isn't shared in the humanities.
  • I emailed the guy who has been in charge of the style. I'll let him know about that adjustment. Thanks
  • Question

Journal is almost always abbreviated "J." in my experience. I've it as "Journ." when in articles from the first half of the 20th century. Are there disciplines with modern journals wherein referenced journal articles include the longer abbreviation? Is this a peculiarity of some current styles?

My apologies for being somewhat off-topic.
  • yeah, better start a new thread on this.