Style Request "Biometrics" journal

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a new citation style, for the journal "Biometrics". The citation style is very similar to Functional Ecology (in the Style Repository) except there are some key differences in the in-text citations:
1) Biometrics has a comma between author names and year.
2) In a citation of a work with 3 authors, all authors last names are listed in the citation the first time the work is cited in the text and "et al." is used every subsequent time the work is cited.
3) For citations of works with 4 or more authors, "et al." is used in every citation in the text.

Such complexity in the in-text citation style is beyond my very basic and rusty coding skills. Anyone know how to go about this?

For completeness, here are two examples of the Biometrics citation style:

Campbell, J. L., & Pedersen, O. K. (2007). The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comparative Political Studies 40, 307–332. doi:10.1177/0010414006286542

Mares, I. (2001). Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In P. A. Hall & D. Soskice (Eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, 184–213. New York: Oxford University Press.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
  • "3) For citations of works with 4 or more authors, "et al." is used in every citation in the text."
    with one author before the et-al? i.e.
    (Smith, Marx, Engels, and Hayek 2008)
    becomes Smith et al., 2008?

There's a bit of a queue at the moment, but I have it bookmarked.
  • Yes, the last name of the first author appears before the et-al. in every case. Sorry for the confusion.
  • I realized there's another difference in the citation style between Functional Ecology and Biometrics: Biometrics does not use an ampersand, "&", between the last and penultimate author names in multi-name citations. Biometrics uses "and" instead.
  • The style is now up. It will appear on the style repository within 30mins.. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)

Any problems please let us know.
  • Thanks a lot, adamsmith! It works great!