EBSCO/MasterFILE Premier issue

Hello,

I cannot save a citation from the EBSCO interface with the MasterFILE Premier DB to my Zotero collection and I am not savvy enough to understand why. I wonder if I could get some help?

I use Mac OS, Firefox 22.0, Zotero 4.0.12. In the EBSCO article listing, the URL icon of a paper with lines on it appears. When I hover over it I get the "Save to Zotero (EBSCOhost)" popup. But when I click, I get the "Could Not Save Item" dialog with a link to known translator issues. On the "known translator issues" page I see that EBSCO requires a proxy, but to my eye my settings are exactly as the Zotero documentation says they should be (I have a multi-site proxy configured for my university).

I've gone through the "troubleshooting translator issues" page as well, and made sure that everything is updated. My cookies and history settings are as the page stipulates. I am only having this issue with EBSCO -- other sites work fine.

So, here is my post in the Site Translators forum. My report ID: 1396647621.

My apologies if this issue has been dealt with elsewhere or if I'm missing some basic fix. I'm not the most computer literate guy.

Many thanks,

Sean
  • [JavaScript Error: "No title specified for item" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js" line: 591}]
    (Not for you, Sean.)
  • An example search string would probably be helpful, though (since EBSCO doesn't have static URLs that you can provide).
  • I did an advanced search:

JN "Saturday Evening Post"
    and "alcoholics anonymous"
    limited to the year 1941.

The article I was looking for is by Jack Alexander, titled "Alcoholics Anonymous."

Let me know if you need more info!
  • Update your translators (Preferences -> General -> Update Now) and try again.

EBSCO does not have anything in the title field for that item in the RIS export, which is why this was failing.
  • It worked! Thanks so much!