bibliography generation issue

Hi,

Could someone please explain to me why some of my citations in the bibliography for the book section item do sometimes leave out the book title and editors. They just put in the chapter title and the chapter author and leave out the book and editor information. I am using CMS author date style.

Thank you for the help.
  • Just to check on the obvious... The information that is "left out" is actually in the Zotero item itself?
  • Yes, it is in the bibliography. I have made sure that in the preferences it is definitely checked as CMS author date. I delete the citation in Word (is there a zotero was to delete - maybe that is the problem?)

Then I put the cite in again and get this:

O’Donnell, M. 1995a. Mediation and Aboriginal Communities: Issues and Challenges. Praeger Publishers.

O’Donnell, Marg. 1995b. “Mediation Within Aboriginal Communities: Issues and Challenges.” In Popular Justice and Community Regeneration: Pathways of Indigenous Reform, edited by Kayleen M. Hazlehurst, 89–102. Greenwood Publishing Group.

So somewhere the citation still has O'Donnell citation as a book and I cannot find it.

Thanks.
  • Tim,

I'm not asking if it is in your bibliography (what the Word Plugin generates).

I'm asking how it is listed in Zotero itself. Look up O'Donnell in Zotero (not in the insert citation dialogue in Word, but in the center pane of Zotero itself.)

How are the fields in the right-hand pane filled out? Does it 1. say book section and 2. are all the fields filled in?

The Word plugin is only as good as the data entered in Zotero itself.
  • yep, this would happen if the item is entered in Zotero twice, once correctly, once incompletely. Select both version and use "Merge Duplicates" to fix this.