Errors in database/integrity check failed

I have some trouble related to
* database integrity
* import/export

The day X: When I recently started my "zotero", I note appeared informing me that there was an error in the database. Zotero started with the backup-version of my data (which was a few days behind = the last entries are missing.)
Performing an integrity check on the restored version (the one from the backup) fails!
I submitted my sqlite-file (15 MB) to the database repair tool. In return I got a 1 MB file without any of my data.

Before day X, I exported my data and re-imported them into flock. Here an error occurred. The result: just parts of the collection were imported. All items are marked by the day of the import.

My question:
a) How can I sort the imported data in Flock by the original date of creation? (So that I'll find those items lost in my zotero-collection on Firefox on day X?
b) How can a restore the integrity of my collection on Firefox, so that I will not run into the same trouble again some day?

I already tried using Firefox 3.

Best,

Ralf
  • Did you try running the .damaged file through the DB Repair Tool?
  • Did you try running the .damaged file through the DB Repair Tool?

Yes - the result was as reported: an empty 1 kb sqlite-file.

Ralf

(Sorry: this whole thing should be posted under "Troubleshooting" - somehow I posted it under "General".)
  • edited June 12, 2008
    So you're saying you get a 1KB file with both the restored (few days old) and .damaged databases?

Send Upload IDs from the repair tool for both databases to support@zot....org, and we'll take a look.
  • OK, just saw the e-mail you sent to support a few days ago.

Unfortunately your .damaged file does appear to be damaged beyond repair. You should upload the restored backup database to the repair tool to get back a clean version of that, and then switch to Firefox 3 if you haven't yet to prevent further database corruption.

Items are given a new Date Added date on import, so you won't be able to see the original creation date in Flock. For items saved via translators, you'll usually have an access date, however, so you could create a saved search where Accessed is greater than the backup date.

If you suspect there are other items without access dates, you can upload both your restored database and the Flock database to the repair tool and send us the Upload IDs, and we can send you a list of all titles in the Flock database that aren't in the backup database.
  • "upload the restored backup database to the repair tool"
    -> this worked.
    Thanks, Dan!
    Ralf