file attachement sync problems zotero storage

After I enabled syncing with my Zotero account, zotero gives me this error (after freezing for bit)

JavaScript Error: "Error: File not found in Zotero.Attachments.getNumFiles()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 579}]

Will not sync attachments. program stopped freezing after i unselected to attach files.

Running on a new macbook pro
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • sure thing 56687578
  • edited August 12, 2013
    Debug ID, not Report ID
  • ah, found it D737792721
  • 1) Does your database pass the integrity check in the Advanced pane of the preferences?

2) If you upgrade to Firefox 23, does this still happen?
  • i fixed the errors and it says the database has integrity, but it still locks up. also upgraded to firefox 23. same problem
  • edited August 14, 2013
    Could you install the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI and provide a Debug ID for this error using that? It should give us a bit more info on what's happening.
  • ok! here is the ID D524570347
  • edited August 17, 2013
    That appears to be a different (though potentially related) problem. Now you're getting an "Error processing uploaded data" error.

From your "My Library" view in Zotero, paste C35F2X3F into the quick search bar, which should bring up an item. There appears to be an issue with that item. I'm going to look into the problem, but if you delete that item and empty the trash, this error may go away. (If not, provide another Debug ID.) You can recreate the item without causing any problems.