Apache Open Office Plug-in Requirements

I have a question about the paragraph about Apache Open Office 4 in the plugin page (http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation).
"Apache OpenOffice 4 users: Zotero does not currently support Apache OpenOffice 4. While a future release may include support for Apache OpenOffice 4, we encourage you to switch to LibreOffice, which is based on the same codebase but is more actively developed. "

Is this just because you need more people to work with OpenOffice? It still has about 100 times the install base of Libre-Office, and is under active development? What's your criteria for "more or less actively-developed"?

LibreOffice was forked from Oracle OpenOffice because a number of developers - myself included - were concerned about what Oracle was going to do with the Star Office code.

When Oracle gave Apache Software Foundation the codebase, I went back to the OpenOffice. It took a little while for the Apache Way (TM) to be completely understood by the developers, but it has been on an even keel for at least a year.

What do you need to get a version of the plug-in working for OpenOffice4? Maybe I can help.
This discussion has been closed.