Standalone 4.0.11 won't start if Firefox running

I'm running Zotero standalone 4.0.11 on Ubuntu 13.04 with Firefox 23.0. Firefox has 4.0.11 extension installed.

Standalone zotero won't start if Firefox is running with the extension enabled. The following message is issued.

"Your Zotero database is currently in use. Only one instance of Zotero using the same database may be opened simultaneously at this time. If Firefox with the Zotero extension is open, please close it and restart Zotero Standalone."

If I disable the extension standalone will run and I can re-enable the extension (note though that I don't have to re-start Firefox at any point, just disable the extension in Tools -> Add-ons, start standalone and then re-enable the extension).

I didn't have this problem before and I almost always started standalone after Firefox was running.

Any suggestions?

Best

Iain
  • We're working on a fix for this.
  • Ok, thanks.

Best

i
  • edited August 10, 2013
    This is fixed in 4.0.12. Thanks for reporting.
  • I don't know if this is relevant to this thread, but I cannot add the Firefox extension to the Standalone version. I have Firefox 21.0 and Standalone version 4.0.11 - which my system tells me is the latest version. Where is 4.0.12? I use Firefox as my default browser and have been trying to add the extension with the Firefox browser. Should I try adding the extension through my IE browser instead? Please help! Thanks.