Storing Zotero “base directory” in Skydrive as a BACKUP system

Hello,

I would appreciate assistance to handle Zotero storage in Skydrive local folder. I found many topics in the forum discussing similar question, but mostly with the concern of sync/webdav, what isn’t my case.

Actually, my intention is to have Zotero “base directory” set inside Skydrive local folder as a BACKUP system.

- Does it work?
- Is there any chance of Zotero “base directory”, overall files and mainly .sql file be corrupted since they would be stored in SkyDrive local folder?

Thanks in advance,
Cadu
  • That should be safe. As long as zotero.sqlite file is only managed by one instance of Zotero at a time, it should be ok.
  • Hi aurimas. Many thanks for the answer.

An additional point that come to my mind:

=> Do you know if there is any performance issue if Zotero “base directory” is set inside Skydrive local folder? Or SkyDrive local folder (an files inside it) behaves as a normal local folder?

Best,
    Cadu
  • Zotero performance should not be affected, but the zotero database file (zotero.sqlite) will be frequently modified as you use Zotero, so it will be synced frequently as well. As your database gets larger, the zotero.sqlite file will also become of substantial size (particularly if you have PDF indexing on), which means that, depending on whether SkyDrive can do incremental backups, you should expect SkyDrive to be performing large uploads quite often.