Right click to relate selected items

Any chance of adding a "right click" to relate selected items?

Many times I enter two items in succession (or nearly) and want to related them. If I could just select them, right click wham...done.

As it is, I need to click related, add, then find the other item from the list (which can't be sorted by date added), then select and click OK.

Yeah, I know, not a huge deal, but multiplied by a bunch of times, it's getting to be annoying.

Or am I missing something? Is there already a more efficient way to do this. I add this disclaimer because I'm always finding "new" things that have been around for a while! :)
  • Cool! Thanks.
  • With version 1.0.5 (latest release), adding a "Related" to an Item (Title) no longer works for me. Titles with "Related" added previously are still there. The procedure I used conforms to the current documentation:
    Select a Title (T1) from the middle pane.
    Select the "Related" tab.
    Click the "Add" button.
    A separate window opens showing all Titles.
    Select (click) the related Title (T2).
    Click "O.K.".
    Nothing happens, except that the Title (T2) clicked in the separate window turns to gray.
    Close the separate window. The separate window does not close. Eventually, Cancel closes the separate window.
    Within Zotero, neither T1 nor T2 show a Related Title.

Re-index?

Zotero storage is about 89 MB.
    Firefox 2.0.0.14
    Windows 2000
  • With version 1.0.5 (latest release), adding a "Related" to an Item (Title) no longer works for me.
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3143/
  • Thanks, Dan. I didn't find that discussion searching for "Related"

FYI and others:
    Ran Preferences | Advanced | Check Database Integrity > "Errors were found in the Zotero Database"
    Ran Preferences | Search | Rebuild Index > long wait.
    Restarted Firefox. Rebuild Index didn't fix "Related" problem.
    Ran Preferences | Advanced | Check Database Integrity again > "Errors were found in the Zotero Database"

Will we need to do something to fix errors?
  • The Related problem doesn't have anything to do with the database.

For that, upgrade to Firefox 3, and run your database through the DB Repair Tool. If it persists, start a new thread.
  • Dan, thank you again.

I read through the threads and the repair tool instructions. Question: after sending the file to the DB Repair Tool, how is the repaired file returned to my PC?
  • Question: after sending the file to the DB Repair Tool, how is the repaired file returned to my PC?
    The repair tool will provide download links.

If you have other questions not related to the original feature request that started this thread, please post them to a new (or other relevant) thread.