Westlaw/Lexis Support

First - I know this is rude, but - has anyone found something they like more for legal research purposes than Zotero? I ask, only to save time, because it appears the legal interest in this has dried up in the last year?

Second - I am willing to work on or with someone on Westlaw/Lexis Support, but it does not appear to have an easy solution. I would prefer to start with Westlaw - as I use it a lot more than I use Lexis.

Third - :\ Westlaw uses frames. What is a good translator showing handling of deeply embedded frames [Westlaw goes three to four framesets deep, before getting to the actual content] ... or can someone help me with the proper xpath handling or other handling of frames.. I made a few cursory attempts at it, but Westlaw is insane....

Thanks!
  • Frame handling is usually easy as long as the translator doesn't need to access data in multiple different frames. Without a subscription to Westlaw, it's difficult for us to develop a translator on our own. We're very eager to support Westlaw and would like to work with you to do so. I would encourage you to join the Zotero dev list, where you will be able to get plenty of help in developing a translator.
  • Sean, have you contacted the GMU law library about Westlaw access? They definitely have it and you cold talk to them or their Westlaw rep. If access is the problem perhaps I or someone on this list can help- I know that there are law librarians here and maybe they can work with their Westlaw rep.