Cannot move, delete, edit or minimize sticky notes

Hi,
I can create sticky notes on my webpage snapshots, but cannot move, delete, edit or minimize them. The little box, arrow and speech balloon are absent from the tool bar at the top of the note. It is completely blank. Also, when I minimize all sticky notes, the little speech balloons that mark the locations do not appear. The page looks completely virginal. If I click expand all notes, they come back.

I'm using Win XP, Firefox 3 and zotero 1.0.4.

Thanks,
critStock
  • I have the same problem. Even the resize function is gone.

I'm using WinXP, Firefox RC 2, and Zotero 1.0.6.r2937.
    I tried un-installing Zotero and re-installing the stable release 1.0.6, but the problem remains.

I also disabled all other plug-ins but that didn't do anything either...
  • Same symptom here. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zotero, then found db was corrupt. I used the online utility to rebuild the database. No change.

Am using WinXP, Firefox 3, and Zotero 1.06.

Help! Thanks.
  • The buttons are still there—their associated icons are just not displayed due to a security change in Firefox 3. If you click in the appropriate places, you should still be able to manipulate the annotations as usual.

We'll try to fix this for 1.0.7.
  • Hi Dan,

I did try hovering and clicking on the missing icon locations and that did not work. I just tested it extensively again with no luck.

Is there a workaround we can use until 1.07 fixes this?
  • I'll wait for the fix, the rest of the "functionality" is brillliant.
  • Hey Dan,

I tried your work around, but clicking the appropriate places didn't help, I even tried a couple of inappropriate places... No joy there either... : )
  • Just to confirm zfars' report, neither the buttons nor the functionality are accessible in the indicated positions of the sticky notes frames. [Win XP, Firefox 3.0, Zotero 1.06].
  • If you upgrade to Zotero 1.0.7 this bug should be fixed.
  • Everything seems to work except I cannot move annotation sticky notes.

vista64 Firefox 3.01, zotero 1.07
  • How to delete notes?
    I can add notes but not delete them.
    Thank you.
  • Start a new thread please. This thread is about HTML/Snapshot annotations, which haven't existed for several years now. I assume you're referring to regular Zotero notes?
  • Yes, regular Zotero notes. Should I still open a new thread. let me know. thank you.
  • Yes, please do -- we ask that (mainly) so that people reading this later aren't confused.