Error on collection export: Report ID 593429389

I tried to export a collection in my library for a colleague, but after about 15% of the items were exported, I received an error message. Here is the associated report number: 593429389. What can I do about this? Thanks. -Eric
  • which format?
  • Zotero RDF with notes and files
  • Does the collection happen to have multiple levels down of sub-collections?
  • No subcollections. It's a single, top-level collection with 977 items.
  • edited July 22, 2013
    Could you try simply selecting all items in that collection the central panel (ctrl+a) and right-click --> export selected items. Sometimes that works when exporting a collection fails.
    (edit: nevermind - follow Dan's advice below)

@Dan - what does the error report say?
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.copyTo]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate_item.js" line: 860}]"
    This might be due to a Windows alias making its way into the data directory or something similar. epescador, you'll need to narrow this down to the smallest set of items—ideally a single item—that fails, which you can do very quickly with a binary search: try to export half of the items, and if that works export the other half, and assuming that fails split that second half in half and export half of that, and so on.

Alternatively, if you provide a Debug ID for an export attempt that fails we might be able to tell you the item in question, but it should be easy for you to find it yourself.
  • Thanks. I'll try that and let you know.