Display all notes button / developp all references

When you have a big reference list, with each reference associated to a note (ie. for explanation), it is very painful having to clic on each reference to show its note.

A simple button like "develop all item" or "show all notes" would be VERY helpfull.

Or maybe a way to do that does allready exist ? If yes I did not find it !

Thanks a lot.
  • "Press ”+” (plus) on the keyboard within the collections list or items list to expand all nodes and ”-” (minus) to collapse them."

(from http://www.zotero.org/support/tips_and_tricks )
  • edited July 19, 2013
    Incredible ! Many thanks !

And so why is this very helfull function so hidden inside the tips and tricks section ?

I have spend hours to find how to do this without finding it (too bad).

I continue to think that an intelligible button would serves lots of users. :-)

thx
  • The GUI is already overcrowded, there simply isn't a good space for yet another button.
    Having these types of tips easier to find would be good - but most users don't get to the documentation in the first place. Also, the +/- functionality is not Zotero specific, it should work on all similar lists, e.g. in your file manager.
  • Also, the +/- functionality is not Zotero specific, it should work on all similar lists, e.g. in your file manager.
    (+/- are custom behaviors, actually. I'm not aware of other lists that do what we do. On Ubuntu for me +/- will open/close the currently selected folder, but not all folders in the list. On OS X and Windows 7 they don't do anything, at least for me.)
  • edited July 23, 2013
    I don't know such (+/-) functionality on windows. The Gmail mailbox for example do have a small icone very helpfull to expand in one clic all the emails that belong to a same discussion. That's what I was looking for here.
  • I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping this functionality is still available. I don't see a +/- on the collections list.
  • That's the keyboard + or - button.
  • I tried that too, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
  • Aha! I seem to have finally gotten it. I selected all the references and then hit +. I was trying it on the folder level. Thanks!
  • (You don't even need to select all items first. You just need to click once in the items pane so that it has focus before pressing +.)
  • Sure enough. Thank you!