Abbreviating journal names when "Set Doc Prefs" says its not?

Hello,
So in Word I found where you can toggle it to Abbreviate journal names or not...so I turned it off as my citation style does not require it. I had to delete the existing and re-add a new bibliography, which worked. Then I added a new record, and it keeps abbreviating the journal name for that record - even though the option is still "unchecked", the other citations are not abbreviated and it appears in the list in Zotero correctly.

Any ideas why?
  • the setting in the document prefs just determines whether journal titles are abbreviated from an automated list. With that setting unchecked, Zotero looks in the journal abbr. field.
    Turning off abbreviations entirely can (only) be done in the citation style itself. If this is wrong for a style on the repository we can fix it. If you need this for your own purposes, it's relatively easy to do - let us know if you want instructions.
  • I see...I didn't realize there was a journal abbreviation field in the citation Info. Thanks!
  • Hello,

I do need to know how to shut off journal abbreviations in a given citation style. I am using a modified Elsevier- Harvard and do not want it to ever abbreviate journal titles.
  • Search for something like : text variable="container-title" form="short"
    and remove: form="short"
  • Thanks! I actually fixed it shortly after I posted by changing "short" to "long", but it's good to know it is unnecessary!