configure records list / power search

First of all, I have been following the development of Zotero closely.

Not being development savvy myself - yet being an avid user of bibliographic software on a daily basis - I am very much impressed by Zotero. It is nothing less than brilliant!

I would like to make two suggestions - and in case I'm putting up a straw man, I would very much appreciate it if someone could let me know if the things I propose are already possible with the current version.

(1) As with, for example, Procite, it would be great if one could configure the record list. At the moment, one only sees the list - and one has the opportunity to sort the list - on the basis of seven fields: "title," "creator," ... "date added," etc.

1.1. It would be great if users could configure and sort the list on the basis of fields which they select themselves, such as (and most importantly) "date of publication."

1.2. It also would be great if one could sort this list according to one's own preferences. For instance, "Sort - Author/Title/Date" and "Sort - Author/Date/Title," etc.

(2) Would not be great if users could search only specific (or a combination of specific) fields in Zotero and/or search some specific subfolders?

Many thanks,

Raf
  • #1 addressed here: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/323/

#2: Have you found the Saved Search functionality? It allows you to search specific collections, fields, and even other saved searches.
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply - and for the other one in the "feature requests." I finally have found the Saved Search functionality - it looks great!