Errors in Zotero's application of the OSCOLA style guide

Hi there,
I use Zotero for a doctoral thesis in the OSCOLA style, and have uploaded the style guide to my Zotero standalone. But there are some persistent erros in the way Zotero uses the style- including putting commas after journal titles, and not italicising journal titles. Is there a way to get this issue fixed?
  • In general we don't put much effort into maintaining legal styles in Zotero, since if you're going to do serious legal citations, you should just use fbennett's MLZ fork of Zotero at
    www.citationstylist.org (now with book!)
    which includes a well maintained OSCOLA version including required abbreviations.
    That said, journal title are not italicized in OSCOLA 4th edition (cf. p. 37)
  • Thanks! That's helpful... but I can't seem to download that MLZ fork into Zotero- apparently it is not a supported format. Any suggestions...?
  • Having done a bit of a search I think it's because MLZ is not compatible with Chrome - but I really prefer Chrome to firefox. Is there any other way ??
  • Multilingual Zotero is currently only available as an add-on for Firefox. The creator (Frank Bennett) would like to have a standalone version as well, but he already has a lot on his plate. Once MLZ becomes more popular it might attract some additional programmers that help with a standalone version.
  • edited June 24, 2013
    As Rintze says, there is no standalone version of MLZ at present. You can use MLZ for Firefox to support Chrome browsing, though. Type "about:config" in the address bar, then search for this entry:extensions.zotero.httpServer.enabledClick on the entry to change it to "true", then restart Firefox. The Chrome plugin for Zotero should now be able to communicate with MLZ.
  • From the horse's mouth! (Frank, I'm not implying you're a horse; blame the English)