Style Error: [Medical Physics]

Medical Physics does not have a comma before the year (journal articles) but this style puts a comma. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to change it.

Also, conference records have major issues. Just one example:
Words in all caps are converted to lower caps with only the first letter in caps. Example: The journal title
IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci.
becomes
Ieee Trans. Nucl. Sci.

Thank you,
Jochen
  • edited June 18, 2013
    The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by re-installing it from the repository. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)

Styles should also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+

Any further problems please let us know.

Btw. you didn't happen to go to high school in Troisdorf, did you?
  • Thanks a lot. The comma before the year is now gone.
    The problem with lower caps persists. Is there a way around that?

Thanks again,
    Jochen
  • odd, that should have been fixed, too. I'll take a closer look.
  • That's a larger issue, thanks for pointing that out. The style itself is correct.
    The only current solution is to disable automatic abbreviations (in Set Document Preferences in the Word/LO plugin)
    See here for more:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/30352/automatic-abbreviations-turn-ieee-into-ieee/
  • fixed for Zotero 4.0.9 - let us know if you're in a hurry and we can point you to a branch version
  • Thanks for the fix! Actually, I would appreciate a link to the branch version because I plan to submit a journal paper in the next few days...

Jochen
  • the branch xpi is here, I just tested and this works
    http://www.zotero.org/download/dev/zotero-4.0-branch.xpi
    standalone unfortunately isn't built automatically from the branch, so you'll have to use the FF version.
  • The Medical Physics style is wrong. It cites with et al after first author. All authors need to be listed.
    The edition number is not necessary.
    The name of the journal has to be abbreviated as per the AIP Style Manual.
    Can someone please help edit this? I do not know how to edit the style.
    Thanks in advance.

Hannah
  • Hannah is correct about the incorrect author list style. The Medical Physics journal requires:
    > References: We require complete author lists. If there are more than 6 author names in a reference, the first 3 author names are retained with "et al" .

I have made the corrections to the style.csl file and uploaded the changes to the Zotero repository. It should take just a day or 2 for the changes to become available.