Importing scanned images

Hi,
I have some references as scanned file and saved as JPEG image. How to import this reference in my zotero library ? It's not allowing to import JPEG . Thanks, Ipsita.
  • you can add any file you want to Zotero - just drag it to Zotero or use "Store copy of File" under the green plus sign. Import is for bibliographic data, e.g. from another reference manager. You'll have to manually add information for all jpegs, though.
  • Thanks. I've been able to import JPEG in the reference library but when I'm trying to cite it, it's not getting incorporated. Something else is.
  • edited June 17, 2013
    If you drag a file in, you generally need to right-click on the standalone attachment item, choose Create Parent Item, and enter the citeable metadata on the item that's created (including changing its item type to something more appropriate—Artwork, say). Attachment items alone don't have any data to cite.
  • (Zotero should probably create a parent item automatically when a file is dragged in. It doesn't currently do that for various historical/technical reasons.)