Option to disable "Cited" items in Word plugin

Like others, I've found that plugin performance bogs down after too many citations in single document. A relatively simple feature addition would help a lot with this problem.

For me, the biggest annoyance occurs when adding a new reference. As I type out the name, I experience long delays with almost every keystroke. The delays appear to be due to the the population of the "Cited" list, which makes sense in a large document with lots of citations.

A second related problem occurs after I finish typing. The "My Library" list populates immediately, but the Cited list takes its time. In theory, I could just click on the item from the My Library, but all too often, the Cited list finally fills just when I try to click the My Library item, pushing down the list so I end up clicking the wrong item and have to start all over again. That is so annoying that I usually just wait for the Cited list to complete to avoid clicking the wrong item.

I suspect that both of these problems could be eased with an option to disable the Cited list, either in the main or advanced preferences. The Cited list is a nice feature for short documents, but it's far more trouble than it's worth in documents with many references.

Thank you very much for considering this request. It would make my life much easier.