About Install Portable Firefox and Zotero onto your external drive

I was going to ask how you install zotero and portable firefox on a usb drive but I guess i can find the answer on Firefox. My question is this then: I have copied my zotero folder unto a usb memory stick. Will it not be possible installing zotero on a new machine and then choose the usb drive as storage location? Or copy the zotero folder to the new machine and then choose that location? I guess I could have done more research about this before asking but I am on may way. Appreciate informasjon (my question will be on my Google Desktop as a feed).
  • It is not clear what you really want. If you want portable firefox, download & install it from portableapps, close all copies of firefox, launch the portable version, and install zotero as normal.

It sounds as if you did not do that. If you do not want to do that:
    Will it not be possible installing zotero on a new machine and then choose the usb drive as storage location?
    If you will always have the usb drive mounted to the same location when you launch firefox on that new machine and if the version of zotero you use on that computer is identical to the version you used to create the database, this will be possible.
    Or copy the zotero folder to the new machine and then choose that location?
    This is also possible.
    I guess I could have done more research about this before asking but I am on may way.
    There is extensive talk on these topics here. Please search for more info.