BabelZilla version of Zotero not RC1 compatible?

I just created Slovak localization (hooray!) but while testing I've noticed, that Firefox complain that BZ version of Zotero is not compatible with FF3 RC1 even though version numbers are the same and install.rdf shows max version as "3.0pre".

As a workaround I've downloaded official version from Zotero.org website, added Slovak locales to it and this time it worked, but still...
  • Should be fixed now. The XPI on BZ is set to a different update.rdf file that we hadn't yet updated to 3.0 from 3.0pre. Note, by the way, that localization of bibliographies can't be tested with that XPI, since locales.xml has to go into a directory in the 'content' folder rather than the 'locale' folder.

Thanks for your help translating Zotero.
  • Yup, locales.xml are the last part I am working on now. So, now when it is fixed I should test locales with the BZ version, because they won't work with the official XPI - did I get it right?
  • No, you would have to copy the XML file into the content/zotero/locale/csl directory in the official XPI and rename it appropriately. You'd likely also have to remove some extra lines from the end of the file, since BZ tends to corrupt the XML files.
  • Thank you! I would never find this out, so luckily that little FF3 bug got in the way :-) I am trying to compile things now, hopefully, localization will be ready for prime time in about two weeks after I check some bibliographic terms and then finally that cursed ISO690 support will start becoming reality. Thanks Dan for all the support so far!