MLZ: Pinpoint cite with multiple locators possible?

Dear Frank,

is it somehow possible to cite e.g. a book or journal article using mulitple locators (i.e. making a pinpoint cite referring to both the page number and the paragraph number, or a chapter and a paragraph or page and note etc.)?

Sometimes this would be quite convenient, especially if I want to refer to a publication's footnote, it may be useful to give page and footnote, in particular if footnotes are not number throughout the book but only chapterwise. Same applies to paragraphs, sometimes each chapter starts new with the numbering of paragraphs, just giving the page would not be precise enough.

At the moment I resort to adding more pinpoint information in paranthesis as suffix, but I think this is not perfect.

As example, I would like a result like this:

Schwab, Walter, and Baumbach, Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (Kommentar), chap. 41 at para. 15.

(indicating both the chapter and the paragraph)

Thank you!
  • See page 33 of the MLZ book concerning in-field locator labels (the page explains how to download the PDF of the text). The in-field labels can be used in the middle of a field. I'm not sure how the "at" in your example will be handled, but the "para." should be parsed and localized by an MLZ style.
  • Great, very helpful. I'll look in this booklet now before annoying you with my questions.