How to sync pdf files for offline usage

Hello,
I have many pdf files and an upgraded storage account. Under Preferences-Sync-Settings-File Syncing I have both boxes checked to sync, yet when I click on the pdf files a blank Adobe Reader page opens in my Firefox browser, seeming to indicate a blank file. I was scared that all my pdf files were gone, but when I go into My Library online, at Zotero.org, I am relieved to see that the files still reside on teh server and I can get them there. Still, however, I do much of my work offline and having them reside on my computer is much easier even when I do have internet access. These used to be synced without a problem. How can I get them to sync again so that I can have copies of all those pdf files on my computer with easy and offline access?
Thanks for the good work. I'm a longtime fan of this program and just love it.
Jeff Brune
  • This could just be this:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/29559/cannot-view-pdf-attachment-in-firefox/#Item_6
    (though I think that shouldn't happen with Acrobat)
    If the file isn't actually there, you'd get an error message, not an blank file.
  • Ah, that must be the problem because when I "open in external viewer" it opens in reader with no problem. Browser must be using a different add-on then and I tried to follow instructions and update js but it didn't fix it. No matter though, as viewing in an external window is actually better than tabbing back and forth.
    Thanks so much,
    Jeff