I can't read my downloaded pdf's- Not just EBSCO

I thought I was having the same problem that everyone else is having with EBSCO, but it appears that my web-based zotero will not read ANY PDF's. All that I get is a blank screen with "zotero://attachment/1542/" or other attachment names. This is what I see when I double click anything in PDF in my zotero library, regardless of the source.
I updated all of my translators going through the tools menu and made sure I had the most recent version of zotero, so I don't think this is an update issue.
The other strange thing is that I just tried accessing the same files via my Zotpad app, and am able to read articles on my ipad I can't read on my computer.
Any suggestions?
John
  • https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/29559/cannot-view-pdf-attachment-in-firefox/#Item_6
  • also, to avoid misunderstandings in the future - what you're using is the Firefox add-on. It is _not_ web-based Zotero, but rather just as "local" as the Standalone version.
    The "web-based" version would be your library here on zotero.org and if you're syncing with Zotero storage - which it sounds like you do - I'm pretty sure you'd be able to open PDFs from there as well.