Wiley translator on table of contents page

Would it be possible for the Wiley Online Library translator to pull individual book chapters (or articles) from the table of contents page of the book (or journal issue)? The springer translator seems to have that capability; on the TOC page one gets the folder icon, and can then (in zotero 4) select which items to save. I could probably figure out a way to get it done using DOIs, but it would be nice to get the citations and pdfs in one fell swoop.

Thanks!
  • do you have a URL?
  • That probably would be helpful... An example of a Wiley publication where it would be nice is here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9781118493441

A Springer title that works the way I'm describing is here: http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4614-4818-1/page/1
  • edited June 4, 2013
    that wouldn't be hard. The only problem is that this would lose us the ability to import the book as a whole.

@Aurimas - thoughts on this?

edit: though I guess we should do this consistently. So if we're importing chapters from springer we should do the same from Wiley and my guess would be the benefit is greater anyway.
  • I think we had a discussion about this a while back (but I can't recall the consensus). I think importing chapters would be more convenient. Plus, you can quite easily convert a chapter into a book.
  • edited June 4, 2013
    From a citation standpoint, I think you're right--it would be unusual for anyone to actually reference an entire book like I linked as opposed to referencing a chapter (even if it were multiple chapters). I suppose if someone were cataloging their own collection, they might prefer the whole book reference. Could they both be available by right clicking (on the icon in the address bar)?
  • I remembered the discussion, but not what we agreed on. But I think it was on Springer and we went with chapters. I'll do this for Wiley in the next couple of days.
  • done, that was easy - nice to just piggy-bag on aurimas's code.
    Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences.

Allowing right-click for the book would require a separate translator. Considering that very few people even know about that option let alone use it I don't think that's worth it.
  • Outstanding; it works great for me.

Thanks!